This recipe is a snap to make and may be either a salad or a dessert. Children request it often, so they can help.
- 1 (1-pound 4-ounce) can pineapple chunks with juice
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can fruit cocktail with juice
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- (33.4-ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
In a medium bowl, combine pineapple chunks and juice with bananas, oranges, fruit cocktail with juice, and coconut. Stirring slowly, sprinkle pudding mix into fruit mixture. Let it rest 5 minutes, or until set. Serves 6 to 8.
Open a 1-gallon plastic self-sealing bag and ease it into a 3-pound coffee can or a #10-size can. Prepare the above recipe in the bag, push most of the air out and
seal; mix with your hands, squeezing the bag. Place bag into the can, unzip and serve. Serves 6 to 8