Serve as an appetizer or as a main dish with a crisp green salad.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted Seasoned salt
Potato Skin Toppings
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese 1/3 cup chopped green onions (5-6 onions)
- 6 crisp-cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 (5-3/4 ounce) can black olives, chopped 1 green pepper, finely chopped 1tomato, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrub and dry potatoes; prick with a fork. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until soft. Cool enough to handle. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp with a spoon, leaving about 1/2″ of potato in the shell. Set potato pulp aside for potato salad or hash browns. Place potato shells, skin-side down, in a 13″ x 9″ baking pan. Brush the inside of shells with melted butter. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden and serve hot. If you prefer, potato halves can be cut into bite-sized pieces. Let each person garnish with favorite toppings. Serves 4 to 6.